The department of clinical psychology, Faculty of Behavioral Sciences, SGT University, Gurugram (Haryana) organized one-day community awareness program on World autism awareness day at village Mankrola Gurugram, (Haryana) on 2nd April, 2019. In this camp faculty members of Department of Clinical Psychology, Faculty of Behavioral Sciences and students of M.Phil. Clinical Psychology participated. The following were the main activities of the camp:
- Introductory speech was given by Faculty members of department of clinical psychology, FBSC.
- All the villagers were told about signs and symptoms of autism and early identification of autism spectrum disorder.
- Students of M.Phil. (Clinical Psychology), Department of clinical psychology discuss the issue regarding the management of autism spectrum disorder.
- They were also informed about the early intervention strategies of autism spectrum disorder.
- The camp ended on a positive note. Participants gave a positive feedback and were encouraged to spread awareness regarding autism.