Community Mental Health Awareness Camp on Mental Health Issues of School Going Children
Department of clinical psychology, Faculty of Behavioral Sciences, SGT University, Gurugram (Haryana) organized one-day mental health awareness camp at New Shishu Kalyan Public School, Chandu, Gurugram on 9th November, 2019. In this camp Faculty of Behavioral Sciences and students of M.Phil. Clinical Psychology and professional diploma of clinical psychology participated. The following were the main activities of the camp:
- Introductory speech was given by Dr. Nandha Kumara Pujam, Associate Professor & Head Department of Clinical Psychology, FBSC.
- Common Signs and symptoms about the children and adolescents were addressed to the teachers of New Shishu Kalyan Public School, Chandu, Gurugram.
- Students were assessed and individual counseling sessions were conducted by M.Phil. (Clinical Psychology) and professional diploma of clinical psychology students.
- Educational material was distributed to the students and teachers in the form of pamphlets.
- The camp ended on a positive note. Participants and staff gave a positive feedback and were encouraged to refer any students in need of Mental Health Care to Faculty of Behavioral Sciences, SGT University, Gurugram (Haryana).