|Name||Dr. Nitesh Kumar Jha|
|Punch Line||Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’ -Audrey Hepburn|
|Educational Qualification:||Program||Year of Passing||Board /University|
|Bachelors||B.A. (Hons.) Psychology||2010||Lalit Narayan Mithila University, Darbhanga|
|Masters (Specialization)||M.A. (Hons.) Psychology||2013||Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar|
|Doctorate (Specialization)||Ph.D. in Psychology||2019||Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar|
|Any Other||Certificate Course in Forensic Science and Criminal Investigation||2020||Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma College, Delhi University & SIFS, India|
|Work Experience:(in Years)|
|Industry||1 Year/ 26 Days|
|Research||2 Year/ 7 Month/ 8 Days|
|Recognition and awards|
|Membership of Associations:||1. Indian Society of Criminology (ISC)”, LM. No. 1736 (14-09-2016)|
|2. Indian Association of Clinical Psychologist (IACP)”LAM-487/20|
|Awards & recognitions:||1. Received Indian Psychological Association (IPA)President’s Gold Medal Award in the category of Young Psychologist for the excellence in the field of Psychology on Two-Day International Conference on ‘Psychology of Crime’ organized by Department of Psychology, T. M. Bhagalpur University, Bhagalpur, Bihar in the collaboration of Indian Psychological Association at University Department of Psychology, TMBU, Bhagalpur on 2nd-3rd , Dec. 2019.|
|Editor of any Scientific Journal/ member of editorial board||–|
|Fund received/ Grant received:||–|
|No. of papers published:|
|National:||1. Dhillon, R. & Jha, N. K. (2016). Socio-cognitive Determinants of Aggressive Behavior, Indian Journal of Psychology and Education, Intellectual foundation (India), Vol. 6 (2), Pp.- 158-167. (ISSN: 2231-1432).
2. Jha, N. K., Dhillon, R. & Mehra, N. (2015). Perceived Stress and Emotional Intelligence as a Predictor of Academic Achievement. Journal of Personality Study and Group Behavior,Department of Psychology, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, Vol. 35, Pp.- 87-96. (ISSN: 0972-3803).
3. Dhillon, R. & Jha, N. K. (2016). Cognitive Interview in Criminal Investigation. Indian journal of criminology and criminalistics, Lok Nayak Jayprakash Narayan National Institute of Criminology and Forensic Sciences, New Delhi. Vol. XXXV (1), Pp.- 61-66. (ISSN: 2347-3525).
4. Dhillon, R. & Jha, N. K. (2018). Locus of Control: A Comparative Study of Criminals and Non-Criminals. Indian Journal of Psychology and Education, Intellectual foundation (India), Vol. 8 (1), Pp.- 113-123. (ISSN: 2231-1432).
5. Dhillon, R. & Jha, N. K. (2018). A study of Differences in Empathy and Sociomoral Reasoning in Offenders and Non-Offenders, Indian Journal of Health and Well-being, Vol. 9 (3), Pp.- 380-383. (ISSN: p-2229-5356).
6. Pinki & Jha, N. K. (2020). Ways of Coping and Mental Health among Male and Female Police Constables: A Comparative Study, The Indian Police Journal, Bureau of Police Research and Development, Vol. 67 (4), Pp.-159-174. (ISSN: 0537-2429).
7. Jha, N. K.& Dhillon, R. (2020). Criminal Thinking Styles and Sociomoral Reasoning: A Correlational Study in Offenders and Non-Offenders, Studies in Indian Place Names (UGC Care Journal), Vol. 40 (60), Pp.- 1876-1890.(ISSN: 2394-3114)
8. Dhillon, R. & Jha, N. K. (2021). Role of Empathy in Criminal Behavior: A Theoretical Exploration,Sambodhi (UGC Care Journal), Vol. 44 (1),(H), Pp.-42-46. (ISSN: 2277-5218).
|International:||1. Jha, N. K.& Sharma, U. (2020). Personality and Criminal Thinking Styles of Offenders: A Theoretical Overview. IAHRW International Journal of Social Sciences Review, Vol. 8 (4-6), Pp.- 121-125. (ISSN: 2347-3797-P). 2. Jha, N. K.& Dhillon, R. (2019). Criminal Thinking Styles and Sociomoral Reasoning in Offenders and Non-offenders. International Medico-Legal Reporter Journal, Vol. 1 (4), Pp- 17-42.(ISSN: 2347-3525).|
|Book Chapter (s):||–|
|News Paper/Newsletter Publication||1. Jha, N. K.& Dhillon, R. (2016). Criminal/Forensic Psychology. Psychologists’ Association of North East India (PANEI) Newsletter, Department of Psychology Gauhati University, Guahati Vol. 2 (1), Pp.-1-4.
2. The article entitled “Understanding Criminal Thinking is the Key for Law Enforcement Agencies”,published in different newspapers in the last week of June, 2017.
3. The article entitled “कोरोना वायरस-2019 महामारी के मनो-सामाजिक पहलू”, published in Hindi Weekly NewsPapers ‘Dabang Harayana’, on 11th May, 2020.
4. The article entitled “महामारी ‘कोरोना वायरस-लॉकडाउन’ के बीच ‘मानसिक स्वास्थ्य’ की प्राथमिकता जरुरी: ‘स्ट्रेस’ और हमारी ‘बायो-साइकोलॉजी” published in Hindi Weekly News ‘Dabang Harayana’ on 10th June, 2020.
5. The article about me published under the title “Demystifying Thoughts to Predict Behavior” on Buzzing, anonline platform on 01st July, 2020. (http://www.buzzingg.com/industry/research-and-development/nitesh-kumar-jha-psychology/).
6. The Article entitled “अपने अंदर रोग-प्रतिरोधक क्षमता बढाकर जीत सकतेहैं कोरोना से जंग”published in Hindi News, Haryana Abtak on 24th May, 2021. (https://www.haryanaabtak.com/2021/05/Dr-Nitesh-Kumar-Jha.html).
7. The article entitled “समाज में नैतिकता के होते पतन का मनोवैज्ञानिक परिदृश्य” published in Hindi news, Haryana Abtak on 3rd June, 2021. (https://www.haryanaabtak.com/2021/06/Blog-By-Dr-Nitis-Kumar-Jha.html?m=1).
8. My experience “Coping with Covid-Anxiety” Published in Mind Matters, News Letter of Rotary Action Group on Mental Health Initiatives, June 2021 (3), p.-3.
|Conferences:||1. Presented paper entitled “Social cognition as a Predictor of Criminal Behavior” in “International Conference on Recent Advances in Cognition and Health”, organized at Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, January 23-25, 2014.
2. Presented paper entitled “Perceived Stress and Emotional Intelligence as a Predictor of Academic Achievement” in International conference on Work, Stress and Health: Recent Perception and Future Trends organized by Department of Psychology, St. Bede’s College, Shimla, October 26-27, 2015.
3. Presented paper entitled “Socio-cognitive Determinants of Aggressive Behavior”in “4th International conference on Recent Advances in Cognition and Health” ICRACH-2016, organized by SAP-DRS-I Department of Psychology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, February 6-8, 2016.
4. Presented paper entitled “Criminal Thinking Styles and Criminal Behavior: A Review of Literature” in 39th All India Criminology Conference of the Indian Society of Criminology on Criminological Challenges in Contemporary Era hosted by Centre for Criminal Justice, National Law University, Odisha, Cuttack, September, 22-24 , 2016.
9. Participated as Absentia (Certificate, RCI approval no.: 7-16(569)/2019-RCI 11016) in the “Mental Health 2019 International Conference” of Holistic Healing Foundation of Indiaorganized at Gujarat University, Ahmadabad on October 10th-11th, 2019.
10. Participated in 42nd All India Criminology Conference of Indian Society of Criminology (Theme: Criminology for Global Wellness) held at Department of Criminology and Forensic Science Dr. Harisingh Gour Vishwavidyalaya, Sagar, Madhya Pradesh on 20th-22nd Feb., 2020.
|Seminars:||1. Presented paper entitled “Effectiveness of Cognitive Training Program in Rehabilitation of Criminal Population”in National seminar on “Mental Health: Challenges and remedial approaches”, organized by Department of Psychology, GurukulKangri University, Haridwar, Uttarakhand, February 15-16, 2014.
2. Presented paper entitled “Sociomoral Reasoning as a Predictor of Criminal Behavior: An Overview” in the UGC sponsored one day National seminar on “Socio-Legal Developments in India: Some Issues and Challenges”, organized at Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, February 22, 2014.
3. Participated One-Day Seminar on “Art of Mind Control” organized by International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON) and Department of Psychology, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar (Punjab) on October 5, 2016. Participated in the event “Unity among Educationists: Awakening within” organized by CT Group of Institutions at CT College of Education, Jalandhar on November 30, 2017.
|Workshop:||1. Participated in “An Extensive One Day [8 Hours] Training Workshop on Computerized Psychological Assessment (VTS), Cogniplus Training & Biofeedback 2000 x-pert (BFB)”by Schuhfried at Lalit Hotel, Delhi on January 28, 2014.
2. Participated “One Day Workshop on ShodhGanga and Use of Anti-Plagiarism Software, ‘Turnitin’ and ‘iThenticate” organized by INFLIBNET (UGC), Ahmedabad in collaboration with BhaiGurdas Library, at Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, May 19, 2014.
3. Participated “UGC sponsored Short Term Course in Workshop for Ph.D/Post Doctoral Scholars/Research Scholars/Teaching Faculty on Basic Statistics” organized by Academic Staff College, G.N.D.U. Amritsar from July 2nd to 8th 2014.
4. Participated “National Workshop on Psychotherapy Practice in Medical and Psychiatric Social Work Settings” organized at Department of psychiatric social work, NIMHANS, Bangalore from July 31st to August 2nd 2014.
5. Participated workshop on “CBT for Depression and Anxiety” organized by the Guru Nanak Dev University, Department of Psychology and Guru Nanak Dev University College, Verka on October 15, 2015.
6. Participated in Grand Global Peace Meet IV “One Day International Workshop on Building Relations and Building a Nation: Family Neighborhood and Society”, organized by Sri Ramanuja Mission Trust, Chennai, Indian Association of Health, Research and Welfare, Hisar, and Department of Psychology, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar(Punjab) on April 6, 2016.
|Training:||Participated “Three Days Intensive-Train the Trainer Certification Programme” organized by Ree-Ytal consultancy Training Solutions at T-12, 3rd Floor, Aditya Mall, Indirapuram, January 19-21, 2015.|
|Short Term Course||1. Participated “UGC Sponsored Short Term Course in Research Methodology and Statistics for Ph.D Scholars, Assistant Professors and Associate Professor” organized at Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, February 10-12, 2014.
2. Participated “UGC Sponsored Short Term Course for Ph.D./Post Doctoral Scholars on “BasicResearch Methodology and Research Ethics” organized by Academic Staff College, G.N.D.U. Amritsar from August 6th to 12th 2014.
3. Participated Short term Course/Interaction with Dr. SimranKaur, Associate Professor, Queensborough Community College, New York, USA and Currently Fullbright US Scholar in the Department of Botanical & Environmental Science, GNDU, Amritsar on “High Impact Teaching Practices, Student’s Learning and Classroom Success”organized by UGC-Human Resource Development Centre on September 15-17, 2015(3:00PM to 6:00PM daily).
4. Participated in UGC-Sponsored Short Term Course/Workshop in “Business Management” organized by University Grants Commission Human Resource Development Centre Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar (Punjab) from March 14, 2017 to March 16, 2017.
|Refersher Course||1. Participated “UGC Sponsored 21 Days Refresher Course An Interaction program for Ph.D. Students” organized by Academic Staff College, G.N.D.U. Amritsar from September 2-22, 2014.|
|Resource Person /Chairperson in a session:
Event(s) organized by department:
|1. Co- Chaired in a technical session of two days International E Conference on
“Economic Crimes and Fraud Management: (Changing Dimensions and
Tackling Strategies)” held on 27th-28th October 2020 at digital platform of SPUP, Jodhpur.
1. Coordinated an Extensive One Week “Physical Activity Programme”held at Guru Nanak Dev University Campus, Amritsar, with the aim to Enhance Physical and Mental Health from March 1-7 2017. The same has published in Newspaper.