Behavioral sciences are an important scientific discipline. They involve the study of human behavior through systematic and scientifically designed study methods. A career in Behavior Sciences is a wonderful opportunity for students to learn and understand human behavior and contribute to the betterment of society.
With the rise in mental health issues and work stress, there is an urgent requirement for trained behavioral science graduates to help understand and solve these important health issues.
Examples of Behavioral science fields include:
- Cognitive science
A degree in Behavioral Sciences imparts the students with deep knowledge about human behavior and the emotions, motivations and drives that dictate human actions. Some of the skills imparted by a degree in Behavioral sciences are:
- A deep understanding of ethics
- Analytical Skills
- Behavioral Analysis skills
- Data Analysis skills
- Good Presentation skills
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Research skills
- Time-management skills
- Writing skills
Career Prospects and Job Scope of Behavioural Sciences in India
Career prospects after Behavioral science courses are vast. Jobs are available in private organizations, government organizations, research organizations, think tanks, hospitals and universities. Examples of the jobs a behavior sciences student can take are:
- Addiction counselor
- Child Psychologist
- Clinical Psychologists in a Hospital
- Corporate Coach
- Economic Analyst
- Health Counselor
- Market Researcher
- Mental health counselor
- Professor or Lecturer
- Psychologist with Private Practice
- Research Assistant
- School Counselor
- Educational Counselor
- Social worker
Best Behavioral Science College in Gurgaon, Haryana & Delhi NCR
Shree Guru Gobind Singh Tricentenary University (SGTU) Gurugram, founded in 2013 is one of the best Behavioural Science Colleges in Delhi NCR and Haryana.
The behavioral sciences courses are taught by the Faculty of Behavioral Sciences (FBS), established in the year 2014. FBS offers an up-to-date course curriculum in line with modern research methodologies. The courses of Behavioural Sciences at SGT University are developed as per the guidelines of the National Educational Policy (NCP).
SGT University also has an OPD facility in SGT Hospital where the students can get hands-on training and combine their theoretical knowledge with practical learning.
List of Behavioural Science Courses
Faculty of Behavioral Sciences (FBHS) at SGT University offers diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Behavioral Sciences. The list of courses that are offered is:
Post Graduate Level:
Behavioural Science Course Syllabus
The syllabus for the various Behavioral Science courses at SGT University is given below:
- B.Sc. In Clinical Psychology – It is a 6-semester course spanning a total duration of 3 years.
- B.A. In Psychology (Hons.) – The course consists of 6 semesters (3 years).
- M.Sc. in Psychology (Clinical/Counseling/Forensic) – It is a 4-semester course spanning a total duration of 2 years.
- M. Phil in Clinical Psychology – It is a full-time clinical training course of 2 years. It is one of the top M. Phil. in Psychology Courses in Delhi.
- Professional Diploma in Clinical Psychology – The total duration of the course is 1 year.
- Ph.D. in Clinical/Counseling Psychology – The total duration for the course is 3 years with a specialization in a particular field.
Read the complete Course syllabus of Behavioral Sciences on the website:
Behavioural Science Course Fee Structure
The fees structure for various behavioral science courses at SGT University is:
- B.Sc. In Clinical Psychology – The cost for the first semester is INR 65, 000. From the second semester onwards it is INR 50, 000.
- BA Hons. in Psychology – The fee for the first semester is INR 65, 000. From the second semester onwards it is INR 50, 000.
- M. Sc. in Psychology (Clinical/Counseling/Forensic) – First-semester fee is INR 65, 000. From the second semester onwards it is INR 50, 000.
- M. Phil in Clinical Psychology – The cost for the first year is INR 3, 12,500. From the second year onwards it is INR 50, 000.
- Professional Diploma in Clinical Psychology – Total fee for the course is INR 2, 62, 500.
- Ph.D. in Clinical/Counseling Psychology – First-year fee is INR 1, 52, 500. From the second semester onwards it is INR 1, 50, 000.
Behavioural Science Course Admission and Eligibility
- B.Sc. In Clinical Psychology – The annual intake for the course is 100. The candidate must have cleared 10+2 with 50% marks in aggregate.
- BA Hons in Psychology (Hons.) – Annual intake for the course is 30. The candidate must have cleared 10+2 with 50% marks in aggregate.
- M. Sc. in Psychology (Clinical/Counseling/Forensic) – Annual intake for the course is 50. Candidate needs to have a degree in Bachelor of Science/B.A. (Hons.) in Psychology/Bachelor of Science (Clinical Psychology) with a minimum of 50% marks OR any other equivalent graduate degree OR B.A./Bachelor of Science/B. Com./B. Com. (Hons.)/Bachelor of Science (Home Science) with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate.
- Phil in Clinical Psychology – The annual intake for this course is 10. The candidate needs to have a degree in MA/M. Sc. (Psychology) from a university recognized by the UGC with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate. For SC/ST category, a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
- Professional Diploma in Clinical Psychology – The annual intake for this course is 16. A candidate needs to have MA/M. Sc. (Psychology) from a university recognized by the UGC with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate. For SC/ST category, a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
- Ph.D. in Clinical/Counseling Psychology – To be illegible for this course the candidate must have a Master’s Degree in Psychology/Clinical Psychology with at least 55% marks.
A course in Behavioral Sciences helps a student learn about human behavior and relationships through scientific experimentation and observation. It is a growing field for which the demand for trained professionals will keep increasing.
A course in Behavioral Sciences provides a student with a wonderful opportunity to become more aware and knowledgeable about society and the human actions in it.
SGT is one of the top colleges in Delhi NCR for Behavioral Sciences.